If you own an Ethereum (ETH) coins, you’ve probably experienced the agony of paying for gas fees and the waiting game due to slow transactions caused by the congestion in the network. This is why Polygon was created in the first place, to help tackle and provide scaling solutions for Ethereum blockchain. Polygon is a full-fledged scaling platform that is created to facilitate blockchain transactions that are capable of offering developers with certain niche tools that can be use to device sovereign blockchains.
Polygon (MATIC) is a Layer-2(L2) scaling solution that intends to improve the adoption of Ethereum blockchain due to its current limit as a proof-of-work consensus mechanism (this has often led to slow transaction and higher gas fees for users). Originally known as The Matic Network. It was launched in 2017 but was rebranded to Polygon in February 2021. Polygon, however, kept its native token called MATIC. Currently, Polygon (MATIC) is the 22nd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at more than $8.5 Billion.
There’s a lot of reasons why Polygon (MATIC) is a great buy, Here’s the best ones:
- It is one of the cheapest scaling solutions out there. It is like buying Ethereum on a cheaper budget.
- It tackles the issue of interoperability of the blockchain making it fully compatible at the same time useful for developers.
- Its framework is already being used by big projects that facilitates decentralized borrowing and lending and usage of non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- It seeks to integrate multiple scaling solutions, namely Plasma Chains, ZK-Rollups and Optimistic Rollups on top of its existing setup for the reduction of transaction fees and to prevent entry barriers for new clients.
- It is partnered with established mainstream companies like Atari, Umbria, and OpenPredict.
- Its cheaper yield farming and high frequency trading opportunities have led whales to go drive its institution.
- Its holders can vote on different governance-related issues.
- Its holders can improve the security of the network via staking.
- It inked a $250 million deal last August 2021.
- Its co-founders all have a background in systems and engineering, making it more credible than any other scaling solutions within Ethereum blockchain.
How can I buy Polygon (MATIC)?
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Polygon.
- Create an account on cryptocurrency exchange that supports MATIC.
- Always remember that most exchanges need KYC (Know Your Customer) verification. You will need to provide your valid IDs and e-mail address.
- Deposit your money into the account.
- Fund your account using PayPal, bank transfer, and debit or credit card.
- Buy Polygon.
- After buying, you may choose a wallet to store your Polygon (MATIC) coins.
The PayPal platform has paved the way for easier transactions in the cryptocurrency world. One of the best alternatives, especially if you are a beginner.
Buy with credit card
One of the best and most reliable form of transaction within the exchange is through the use of credit card. It provides instant solution without waiting for the payment to be settled.
Bank transfer (SEPA)
For bigger purchase using bank transfer, SEPA is the key. It is secure and provides a low-cost way to deposit as much cash as you want to any
Buy Polygon (MATIC) – Where?
Since MATIC is included in the top 100 cryptocurrency worldwide, it is easy to find and also available on many of the leading centralized and decentralized exchanges.
Online Crypto Exchanges
Should we still go for Polygon (MATIC)? As for Its current performance and recent movements, we can already tell that it is still living up to its Layer-2 promises. It also leads the Ethereum’s scaling race. As one of the most highly traded altcoin in terms of volume of trades, we are assured that investors are interested Partnerships with established projects still happen even after they sealed the $250 Million deal.
The developer communities and DeFi users are optimistic due to its lower fees and quick transactions, a relief from Ethereum’s congestion dilemma. Polygon’s main goal of becoming Ethereum’s internet of blockchains is slowly happening day by day. Don’t miss out!