Columbia is situated in South America, where there many strict laws which govern the transfer of money to third parties in the country. There are many reasons for these embargoes.
However, situations may arise when there is a need to transfer money online to Colombia for another country.
This need could be as a result of a person visiting the country running short of cash. You could run a company with remote employees situated in Columbia.
There could even be a company in the country which supplies products or raw materials to your company located outside Colombia.
It is quite essential to find a suitable provider who is able to provide this type of service.
The provider you go with will need to meet some appropriate prerequisites:
- Is there a need for a once off payment or are there going to be multiple payments over some time?
- Does the person receiving the money need to access the funds urgently or not?
- Must the money be available as cash or paid into the account of the receiver?
Once all of these types of questions have been answered to meet the specific requirements, it is possible to make the correct decision and chose the best solution for your situation.
Irrespective of what the situation may be, this guide should assist in finding a cheap provider for a foreign bank transfer to Colombia.
Comparison: Transfer Money to Colombia
First Transfer Free!
- Transferwise is a very good provider for overseas transfers. The transfers are easy, convenient and secure. The most important thing is that the transfers are also much cheaper than with the bank.
Five Transfers Free!
- A world-class customer service, very good exchange rates and permanently favorable transfers abroad and to Germany convince. Only downside is the small selection of countries.
Send money very fast!
- Save up to 90% compared to banks. No hidden costs. Large selection of countries.
First Transfer Free!
- Azimo is a very competent partner for the international transfer. Azimo has a large selection of countries and the transfers are safe and cheap.
How can I send money to Colombia?
There are a few mechanisms from transferring money from the US to Colombia, including:
- Bank transfer
- Money transfer companies like Western Union and MoneyGram which allow the recipient to receive the funds as cash
- Other specialist money transfer companies
- International checks
Bank (it’s expensive)
Bank transfers are amongst the more expensive options when it comes to the online transferring of money to Colombia. They charge exorbitant rates. Also, banks often offer the lowest foreign exchange rates.
If you are dealing with the bank, the receiver has to receive the money as a deposit into their own account. For an option with a cash pickup, the only way to go would be via a money transfer company.
Money transfer provider
When looking at the options for transferring money from the US to Colombia, there were two options that we are going to compare.
The companies are:
How much does it cost to transfer money to Colombia?
TransferWise offers the option of transferring money to Colombia without any online cost. The other competitor, InstaRem, does online money transfers but charges the exorbitant amount of $25 per transaction.
Duration of a money transfer to Colombia
Conclusion on the money transfer to Colombia
When making that final decision on which company to use for transferring money from the US online to Colombia, it is essential to use one that meets all, or at least most of your requirements.
This can only be done if each of the following matters is analyzed to see whether you have a perfect fit.
- Tipp 1
- Tipp 2
- Tipp 3
- Tipp 4
- Tipp 5
- Tipp 6
- Tipp 7